Gray Matters- DVD Review


Now that Keith is gone, I have a movie review. This one's mostly for Jess, (so she better be reading the blog again)....

Anyway, the movie is called Gray Matters. Cat rented it as part of a moviefest this weekend. What got me interested was the cast: Heather Graham, Tom Cavanaugh (Ed), Allan Cumming and Bridget Moynahan. (On a side note, I never knew how much I liked Bridget Moynahan. Heather Graham? Yes, I knew liked her, which certainly helped warm me up to the movie, but I really like Bridget Moynahan. Anyway, that's enough of my public service announcement...)

Gray Matters is about an inseparable brother and sister (Graham and Cavanaugh), who become determined to help each find a mate. Enter Bridget Moynahan and a HOT, HOT twist and you have a cool, and under-appreciated movie.

Keith, again probably not for you, but there is hotness; not the kind of hotness on skinnimax, but enough for you to not leave the room if it were on in someone else's home. As for everyone else, there was a good plot, good acting and it definitely has a good feel to it.

As the official least common denominator of movie watching, I endorse it.

9 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks for the movie review, Joe! It does sound interesting. Maybe I will check it out as one of my THOUSANDS of movie rentals. Now, for a very important question, are there any hot male components in this film?

I have to say, actor wise, I am quite taken lately with James Marsden and I am voting him the hottest man alive to date--hmm--to date could have several meanings, but I think you catch my drift. HE IS HOT. I suppose in fairness, feedback on this matter would be welcome, but any opinions that sway from the obvious will be deemed wrong. :) There is no openminded Dolb on this important matter. :)

ApexTek said...

Given that I had to IMDB him just to know who we were talking about, you can have him if you want. I think you like him because he was on Ally McBeal for 6 episodes.

Anyway, for a guy, Tom Cavanaugh would qualify as the good looking gone to watch. I wouldn't call him "HOT" but I am not qualified to speak on such matters.

Any movies you recommend?

Jess said...

See Idiocracy...same people who made Office Space...its a satiric and hilarious look at the media induced dumbing down of our society and what it is doing to the future of our world. Luke Wilson is great...two Dolber thumbs up!

Keith said...

I thought James Marsden was the guy who played Spike on "Buffy," but apparently that was James Marsters. Oh well.

I did not watch any movies while away, and have not really watched any recently, so I can't weigh in on this one. Though I would like to plug Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Excellent non-horror but still supernatural fiction from a guy I never really gave a chance to.

ApexTek said...

I have never given Stephen King much of a chance either, but I did like the TV movie, "The Langoliers." For those who do not remember, this was the movie starring Bronson Pinchot, "Balki" from TV's "Perfect Strangers." It also had these poorly made time eating monsters that resembled the scrubbing bubbles from the TV commercial.
On a serious note, I do always enjoy when King contributes to the magazine Entertainment Weekly.

Keith said...

Langoliers!

Jess said...

I always thought Stepehn King was kind of split--some of his stuff is great and some leaves much to be desired (I kind of have to disagree with Joe on the Langoliers issue though and put it in the latter category--sorry.:) However, The Shining rocks--the novel is great, as is the movie version with Jack Nicholson and Shelly Duval and the TV version with Wings' Steven Weber. :) I also really liked Gerald's Game and the short story Secret Window, made into the movie with Johnny Depp. I agree with Joe about the EW thing though--I also alwasys enjoyed that page at the end of the magazine. Good stuff. BTW, on a slight side note, does anyone remember Shelly Duval from Showtimes' Fairy Tale Theater in the 80s?

ApexTek said...

Sorry Jess, I only vaguely know what you are talking about.

Keith, thanks for the langoliers pic! It might need to go on the random picture dujour!

ApexTek said...

As for the langoliers, any movie where Balki is cracked in the head with a toaster wrapped in a tablecloth, is a good movie in my book.