Great Travel Comparison

Based on a comment from Jess, I am curious to see where the three of us have all traveled to over the course of a lifetime. I will venture to say Keith has the group beat, as he has seen most of the United States, but I know that he has gone to other places as well.

Anyway, I will go first to get the ball rolling. My only parameter would be that "Visit" should mean spent more than one day, and not just "Driven through."

Joe's Travel Within the US:
New York
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Vermont
New Hampshire
Michigan
Wisconsin
Georgia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Florida
Louisiana (That was an A-Typical Thrill)
Kentucky
California
Nevada
**Hawaii (in May)

Outside the US:
Toronto, Canada
Tijuana, Mexico
Greece
Italy
New Zealand
Australia

2 comments:

Keith said...

Hmm. I was trying to think about this the other day with someone else, and found it hard to remember. I'll get out a map.

United States:
-Washington
-Oregon
-California
-Montana
-Wyoming
-Utah
-Arizona
-Louisiana (bonus points for it being New Orleans during Mardi Gras :))
-Illinois
-Kentucky
-Tennessee
-Maine
-Vermont
-maybe New Hampshire
-Massachussetts
-New York
-Pennsylvania
-New Jersey
-Maryland
-DC
-Virginia
-North Carolina
-South Carolina
-maybe Georgia (saw some stuff there on the way to Florida but not sure if I was there "more than a day")
-Florida
-Hawaii
-Puerto Rico

So yeah, I'm missing a lot of states in the middle there.

non-U.S.
-Montreal, Quebec, Canada
-Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
-Cancun, Mexico
-Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K.
-London, England, U.K.
-Cambridge, England, U.K.
-Paris, France
-Yantai, China
-Shanghai, China
-Hangzhou, China
-Hong Kong S.A.R., China

I don't think I'm leaving anything out. Not that I can think of, at least.

Jess said...

Okay, I am going ot look very unworldly, but here goes...

Travel in the US:
New York
New Jersey
Maryland
Delaware
Massachussets
New Hampshire
Washington DC
Florida (Orlando, Key West (AWESOME), Miami, the airport in Ft. Lauderdale)
Los Angeles, California (for the big Jeaopardy game! :)
Puerto Rico (the most adventurous)
Bahamas

I'm missing a lot of those middle states...

Out of the US (this is where I look really bad--)
Cozumel, Mexico (one day cause it was on a cruise)
Canada (Toranto--the cleanest city ever and home of the Domer)
And um...yeah...so I think I win for most flights and least places travelled, seeing as Ive been on like 3 MILLION planes sice freshman year of college...