Movie Review

I don't normally give alot of movie reviews, mostly because I just haven't seen many movies. However, I wanted to endorse an unlikely film, Music & Lyrics. Once I give you the description, you will know why I like it...

Music & Lyrics is about a washed up singer (Hugh Grant) from the 80's band, POP!, which supposedly began the 80's pop genre. After years of trying to relive the glory days by playing amusement parks and tractor pulls, he gets a chance to become relevant again when a Britney Spears-like singer decides she wants to pair up with a "retro singer." The first catch, she needs the song within a week. The second catch, he hasn't written a thing in 10 years and was never very good... Enter Drew Barrymore, who plays a ditzy plant waterer (if that is a real job), who in her spare time writes marketing material for her sister's weight loss franchise.

As you can expect (or not expect), the result was a light and fluffy chick flick that worked very well for a movie to see on Valentine's Day.

Again, if you get trapped on a desert island and are forced to watch this film, you will be OK.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Hey! Thanks for the info...I have actually been anxiously awaiting this movie..looks cute, entertaining and unique and Hugh Grant is a hot Brit! :) Plus...its about the 80s!
Anyway, there is another rental film I want to endorse. It's a Mike Judge film called "Idiocracy." It's about this pretty average and unintelligent guy who does an army hibernation experiment where he is supposed to "sleep" for one year. But something goes terribly wrong and he is asleep for 500 years. he wakes up to a society totally dumbed down by the media so that he is hte smartest person in the country. VERY FUNNY and clever movie..only kidn of scary cause it seems a little realistic as to where we are headed as a socitety...anyway, I recommend it...

Keith said...

Joe:
This sounds like the kind of movie I would normally shun. And no offense, your review did little to change my feelings. :D

Jess:
I actually had heard of that movie and now I think I will actually check it out!

ApexTek said...

Keith,

It's rough when you pick Jess's endorsement over mine, but I will accept it only because this is Jess's first multi-sentence, non-drunk post in what feels like nearly a year.

As for the review, since my intention was never to win over hardened non-chick-flick watchers, there is no harm done. :)