Brief Hawaii Recap...


After a long wait, I thought with the help of some pictures, I would give you a brief recap of our trip to Hawaii...

On the way over, we stopped off in LA and our friend James met us a the airport. We ate at Bubba Gump's in Santa Monica next to the Pier. It was a lot of fun.

BTW: Jess, among your requests, you asked me to bring back a hot guy from Hawaii. He isn't from Hawaii, but I thought you would approve.

On the Sunday after we arrived, me, Cat and her father hiked up Diamond Head The views were breath taking, as were the warning signs along the way up.

We also went to Sea Life Park, which some of you might remember from 50 first dates. Yes, Jess... We saw many turtles. Here is a picture just for you...

And back to amusing warning signs... Here is one we saw while at sealife park. I have plenty more of these, but I somehow doubt that these are what you want to see...

While driving around Oahu, we actually saw a rainbow, which was pretty cool. Cat told me that all of the pictures she drew as a child had rainbows because she saw one almost every day. It makes sense that when she moved to Vermont that they could never understand her fascination :)


On a side note... We were very grateful to Cat's dad as he was kind enough to rent us a car for a could of days while we were there. Fortunately we received a free upgrade to a Chrystler Sebring convertible, which is an excellent way to get around the island. Also, in an ironic twist it is the same car that Cat's dad drives. Again, I did not argue :)

And now to the good stuff! Here is a taste of what Cat got to experience when she went out to swim with the sharks. She wasn't in the cage at the time of the picture, since she was the one taking it, but I wanted to give you a good feelk for just how close she actually was. As always with Cat, I was impressed with her bravery as I was safely on the shore walking throughout the town. I think I might need to try it myself next time.

Although I can go on, as we did a ton of cool stuff and took many more pictures, I will leave you with one more picture so you have that "Hawaii Feel" Even looking at these pictures now makes me not want to go to work tomorrow. I think I rather be somewhere else :)


No comments: